RSS
email

Amazing Conversation

I had an amazing conversation with my senior pastor today from 9:20am-10:00am.
40 minutes.

Some vulnerability and honesty were laid on the table.
The door opened to show all my cards, and I went ALL IN.
I showed him the whole deck, not all the details, like if a jack has one eye or two, but I at least flashed my cards so he could see where I was headed.
Enough metaphors (is that the correct word Corbin, my wise friend?).

I spoke of dreams and visions and what I don't think church is and what I don't think church should be and what I think church could be and the things that really pump me up and the times that have given me the most hope in the past year and the changes I have seen in him that have infused excitement/hope and I even planted some ideas of what I hope could happen through us... perhaps involving me... and a house church... and house churches... and...

That's when someone knocked on the door and I had to run off to my Thursday lunch appointments (4 lunch periods, 15 students, I didn't eat much, but had some great conversations). So, the discussuion will contine, and when we saw one another again at 5:00pm it felt fresh and natural and new.

Man that feels good!!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome--he was receptive then? Feeling affirmed in your direction by someone else, either an authority, an intimate, or a significant, really feels good. I'm glad you had that experience today.

As for my "wisdom", it's probably more technically an analogy, but you wrote it metaphorically (without comparative indicators). Does "wise" mean "hyper-critical" or "anal-ytical"? Just wondering.

James said...

Corbin. Thanks for the help. I almost understand it.
Analytical, of course, without the punctuation emphasizing the "anal" part. We will talk soon about getting together. Peace

Terri said...

Dad found a way to let me post on your site! It was blocked for some reason. I pray daily for God's blessing on you and Pastor Mike as you work together for the Lord!

Love,
Mom