RSS
email

Vulnerability Dump

Thinking a lot... I need Christ more. I need to rest on Him more, to talk to Him more, to listen to Him more, to trust Him more. I need to slow down. I need to stop trying to figure it all out.

I just need to relax and talk to Jesus, more than I try to figure out what He does or doesn't want life/community/church to look like.

I am so mentally tired and spiritually blah...

I also need to find my self-worth and self-esteem in Him more than I do in others or in other things. I am so sick of that battle!

-just a brief moment of simple, utter, vulnerable honesty.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Chris said...

man, I'm with you...unfortunately. It seems to take so much energy to live in tension with your present reality and preferred reality...even if you don't totally understand what that preferred reality is supposed to look like. Thanks for being honest...keep it simple.

Master Obi-Wan said...

James, I'm with you.

Chris, you said it in an amazing way: the tension between present and preferred realities... even when you aren't sure what your preferred reality is. I'm going to ponder that one all day.

P.S.- Yep, James, I read your blog!

Anonymous said...

James, I received a recommendation from Mrs. Louise Matthews of the Lion and the Lamb Peace Arts Center (we visited it in Bluffton). She remembered your interest in the Underground Railroad and suggested a book: BEYOND THE RIVER by Ann Hagedorn. It ties together stories of both the helpers and the refugees involved, and the author was an engaging person I guess. Just passing on the recommendation before I forget. Meanwhile, we should try to get together next week sometime.