RSS
email

Sick Baby

My daughter has been sick for three days... barfing style. It is so sad. She doesn't have a fever. She doesn't have any other symptoms, but on Monday night she threw up at 4, 5:30 and 7, then she was fine all day. The next night she did it again at 4am, and then Kelly joined it twice. Then, yesterday she did it again right after her morning bottle, all over Kelly, the loveseat (one pillow in particular), the floor and herself. Disaster.

Result= The doctor tells us we shouldn't give her anything but water for 24 hours. I return home to one of the most conflicting sights I have ever beheld. My daughter, the non-cuddler refusing to not cuddle, void of all energy, deprived of all food. She laid on mine of Kelly's chest for most of the night, taking breaks only to look up at us every 25 minutes and whine 2-3 whimpers or weakness. I loved the cuddling, but I knew it wasn't my daughter. I knew it was my sick, starved and sad daughter seeking solace in her parents. Parenting is difficult at times like this.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

myoldblog2009 said...

dude, we empathize...

it feels so good to be there suffering with them, protecting them...while at the same time, hating it for them.

Chris said...

yeah...those are difficult moments.
Hope & pray Halle is doing better!
Blessings,

Terri said...

These are days you will look back on with relief (of not being barfed on anymore) and yet a kind of sadness ... What I call "bittersweet"... To see our "little ones" grow up and "Not need us" anymore. You were always a "cuddler" but I still remember those special cuddly times when I was the "world and all" to you because I was helping you through an illness. I love you.

Mom