RSS
email

Free Wifi - Boston Stoker

We are in Dayton, Ohio for Part II of our Christmas Vacation adventure. I am working remotely the next 2 days, so that Kelly and Halle can hang with the family a little longer and I can enjoy their company in the evenings. After a humorous attempt to work from BW3's last night (they were the only place I could find with free Wi-Fi in the area) I went on a search for a new work spot today. I drove all over Dayton's Northside and downtown until I found a Boston Stoker right downtown. Boston Stoker is a Dayton based coffee chain, that intends to stay in the greater Dayton area only and has snappy, humorous and condescending slogans objecting to national chains like Starbucks written on their bathroom walls. I used up someone's last 38 minutes of downtown parking at the Boston Stoker to look for one closer to the inlaws house, where I wouldn't have to pay $4 an hour for parking. I found one that looked close, called and confirmed they had free Wifi and took off. It turns out this trendy and comfortable little coffee shop is only about 5 minutes from the inlaws abode, and I wasted close to 2 hours (via internet search and driving) looking for some place to connect to the world wide web. Oh, if only one of the 20 people I asked on the street last night would have known. So... if you are looking for free Wifi in Dayton, Ohio now you know where to go. There are only about 25 of these places in town.

I would love to tell you more about the BW3 endeavor last night. Let's just say I was there from 9-1, invited some folks to sit with me since it was packed out and enjoyed some Karaoke, in lieu of my headphones, as the background music for my work toils.

Herb and Chuck... it was nice meeting you.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you need a GPS...they will locate places for you and it's much quicker than 2 hrs! :-)

BT said...

James--

Hey man! I really appreciate your call while you were in town. I'm sad I was unable to see you. We were down in our old stompin' grounds, Ashland, KY, celebrating Christmas with my family. I would have loved to enjoy a cup of Boston Stoker's with you, along with a little life.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, too. Kari and I are doing okay.

Love you, brother, and hope we can find a way to get together before long.

Michelle said...

Thinking of you & your friends in Findlay during this recent flood. Just wanted you to know!

Heath Countryman said...

Next time, try Panera Bread on Miller lane.