RSS
email

Bummed Out

I am really bummed. I have been given a really tough choice to make, which I feel is unfair. I want to circle "C- None of the Above", but the option isn't there. I'm not going to include details, because it would only lead to some of you being bitter at the choice giver and it would lead to me saying more than I should.

I am sitting here at the church, trying to get work done, but having a hard time subduing my frustration and sadness.

To complicate things more I found out way too much about a couple of my "solid teens" last night, and I don't really know what to do with it. I am frustrated with them, sad for them and lost in how to address these private choices they have made (that have mysteriously have made their way to my ears). So, I guess I have just had some sad stuff happen.

1 BRIGHT NOTE: One of my teen girls asked me last night if I could meet with her and her boyfriend. He is relatively new (2 months or less). I said yes of course, and then she told me why. Basically he told her he wants to know more about God. He told her that he doesn't understand it all and wants to know more. He wants to know what the difference is between Christians, Catholics and Nazarenes. He wants to be a Christian, but wants to understand what its all about first. So... that is a bright note.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Son!

Evidently this is what you tried to call us about the other night. I am so sorry we could not "be there" for you. We did try to call you back but could not get through to you while we were able to talk. We have barely been at home this week except to sleep. We have been swamped with church demands on top of work. We are working on a benefit dinner for a cancer survivor in our church scheduled for this Saturday evening, preparing for ourselves and the church board for a Stewardship workshop in Pittsburg this Saturday morning, and consoling/counseling/ preparing a funeral with the family of a motorcycle rider who attended our church and was killed when he hit a deer on his Harley last Saturday evening. We have fallen into bed around 9:00 each night and begun our days between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM each morning. Will try to get hold of you tonight. At least I am at home and trying to catch up on home demands. You know we pray for you daily and always will. We believe in you and know God will direct you in all the decisions you must make. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Mom and Dad